Sunday, February 19, 2006

Howdy from Taipei!

Hi everyone -
We made it! Arrived safe and sound Wednesday evening. Got our DSL hooked up yesterday.
I've been jotting down notes on our adventure since we arrived and will write a proper post later on...I won't be able to post pics for awhile - I have to wait for the rain to stop -It's been POURING bucketloads for the past 2 days... we better get used to it! I can't wait to take pics of the marketplace - the produce displays are so beautiful - lots of funky fruit and whatnot. :)
I do have pictures of the apartment that were sent to me awhile back so I'll try to share them (they were in a weird format-hopefully I'll figure it out). I promise to share them! Really truly.
I'm missing the Olympics! No coverage here that I can see...I have to pick up a paper and see if I can find a tv listing... The Taipei Times is in English.
Tomorrow we'll go visit Anjoli's school - it's halfway up Yangmingshan Mountain - it's supposed to be gorgeous at this time of year up there - cherry blossoms and other flowers are in bloom. I'm having panic attacks just thinking about the day I send her off to school on the schoolbus! Say a prayer for us! (I'm sure she'll be fine). She's not starting until March 1st - that will give us some time to explore the whole city (on the MRT- Mass Rapid Transit).
Time for "tea and oranges that come all the way from China" (to quote Leonard Cohen).
Be back soon!
(Just fyi it's Sunday, 9:00 a.m. - the date stamp will show PST.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear from you!
I've been thinking about your end of the world since you left!

Love,
Laura

Chelice said...

Tell Anjoli hello! All is well here in San Diego, it even sprinkled a bit here last night! I wish it would rain just a portion of what it is raining there. Anyway, I am glad to know you are all well and safe, I'll let the kids now Anjoli is fine.

Chelice said...

Good Morning, or good day, or..., anyway, Thank you Anjoli for your commnents. I can hardly wait to see your blog and show it to the kids. The pics your mom posted look very nice. I hope you enjoy the bakery treats! I can hardly wait to see your pics from the market. You will do fine at your new school. You are not only smart, but more importantly are you a kind person with a loving heart and I am sure you will make friends right away. Well, I better go. It's 7am here and I have to get ready for school. We are going on the fieldtrip to Balboa Park today. I will try to send you a pic. Love, Ms. Gilman
ps. The pups are fine now.