Saturday, April 14, 2007

I Scare Myself!

So today in the shower... I caught myself singing a line from that fabulous 80s Hair Band, Loverboy...YUP you remember it, don't you?? "Everybody's Working for the Weekend."

What frightens me MOST(outside of singing such a DREADFUL song) is that ... I didn't work one second this week (OUTSIDE of the home).

I have hit a dry spell in the world of elementary substitute teaching land.

I guess I am GIDDY because I am having a GURL's NITE OUT this weekend with the one and only BallerinaGurl and company in... VEGAS baby!

I have been practicing BlackJack with my daughter and hubby.
Is that wrong??
(Anjoli, aged NINE, LOVES playing Black Jack!!).

Wish me luck...I need it!!

Oh and, in case you FORGOT...here are the lyrics for that Loverboy tune:


Working For The Weekend - Loverboy

Everyone's watching, to see what you will do
Everyone's looking at you, oh
Everyone's wondering, will you come out tonight
Everyone's trying to get it right, get it right

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a little romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart
You better start from start
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby lets go

Everyone's looking to see if it was you
Everyone wants you to come through
Everyone's hoping it'll all work out
Everyone's waiting they're holding out

Everybody's working for the weekend
Everybody wants a little romance
Everybody's goin' off the deep end
Everybody needs a second chance, oh
You want a piece of my heart
You better start from start
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby lets go

(quick break)

You want a piece of my heart
You better start from start
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby lets go

You want a piece of my heart
You better start from start
You wanna be in the show
Come on baby lets go

Don't worry...I promise to BEHAVE! Everyone is telling me to BEHAVE. I don't get it...

11 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Have a great time, Sue, and say hello to Molly for me! I haven't heard from her in a long time and have lost her blogger page. Tell her to come say hello to me so I can do the same!

Loverboy look scary these days- time has not been kind.

grace said...

Oh, don't behave Sue!!!! Have a really great time, and Happy Birthday to Ballerina Gurl. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!

Loverboy, catchy one hit wonder tunes.

Cathy with a C said...

I was going to say "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" unless you are Britney Spears and you get married. Oh wait, her marriage did stay in Vegas. I'm glad I wasn't followed around by photographers when I was her age!

Have a great time!

Cathy

Suesjoy said...

Hee hee.
You girlz are funny.
No Cathy- one husband is enough for me!
Yeah I guess Brit's marriage DID stay in Vegas!
I will say hi and Happy B-day to Molly for y'all.
xxxxx

Mark T said...

Hi Sue,

Hope you are enjoying Vegas. I love Vegas and have been four times. Jill and I married there a couple of years ago. And I will say it as well 'Behave'. Just been looking at the photo of your fridge which looks 'cool'.

Take care

Mark

Ahvarahn said...

Like MarK T I made the biggest gamble of my life in Vegas and lucked out; I got married in the Little Chapel of the Flowers 3 years ago, and then in the evening walked around the Bellagio in my smarts feeling like George Clooney (I said feeling like..)

lryicsgrl said...

Oh I love ya doll.....hope you are having fun!

I think I'll send Molly a text.....

Play BLACK 17 for me, just once at the Roulet wheel...k?

xo

BTW, you scare me too, LOVERBOY..eeewwwwww!

ha ha!

Lannio said...

Hope you're having a good time. Funny thing - I heard LoverBoy being interviewed on the local rock station a few weeks ago. If what AM says is true - then I'm glad it was radio and not TV!

Have fun in Vegas.

Anonymous said...

OH Sue VEGAS!! what stays....

That sounds fantastic, you deserve it you!! As far as Loverboy, how about Bon Jovi's, Livin on a prayer??!! stuck in my head lately, probably relative to my life.. always living on a prayer here!!
Have fun!! My friend Sandy just sent a postcard today from Vegas, she is a big WHO fan out this way. Guess Vegas is where it's at and I'm going to Florida. WTF? :-)

damn, can't remember password again.. so going anom.
love,
Lucy xoxox

Gary said...

oh, pray tell.. what happened in Vegas that needs to stay in Vegas?

Inquiring rest of us want to know...

:-)

Fleur de Bee said...

OMG I had such a FAB FAB FAB time, especially because you....one of my MOST FAVORITE people came! Got a funny email from Rance saying he didn't see any reports of a group of women getting arrested! I guess we didn't behave badly enough! lol!!!

Soooooo happy you love your new "jewels"! My most favorte stone as well.

Have a fab weekend, when I am recovered from how tired I am (especially all the driving) then I will blog about it too! Don't forget to send the pics to my email!

xoxoxoxox-Mols